Southwest Means Business.
Connect Southwest is an education conference and appointment-only trade show. Hosted by Connect, the event brings together the most active planners, suppliers and experts in Southwest association meetings and events for a quality packed day of general sessions, roundtables, pre-set appointments and networking.
Connect Southwest is the business marketplace, where RFPs are placed, dates are secured and relationships are developed for future business.
Enhance your skills, interact with industry leaders and drive more business—whether you’re a planner or supplier focused on association and corporate meetings and events in the Southwest.
Subject to Change
|Sunday, Dec. 8|
|Monday, Dec. 9|
Presented by Holly Duckworth
Are you skeptical about mindfulness? Science is now proving the power of mindfulness in our world of overwhelm. In this short talk Holly will share with you two mindfulness practices that don’t require you to sit in the lotus position. You will learn how research is making mindfulness a proven business strategy to reduce your stress and provide you a healthier life. Pick up your mini-poster 7 Steps to Be A Mindful Meeting Professional.
• Define what mindfulness is, and is not
• Expand your knowledge of researched strategies you can use to integrate mindfulness into every meeting
• Assess one mindfulness technique that can be used in your meetings to increase the value of your meetings for attendees from all industries
Description coming soon.
Presented by Betsy Bondurant
Effective management of stakeholders is a professional skill that needs to be cultivated throughout all aspects of our career. This interactive session will provide insights into key aspects of stakeholder engagement including the stakeholder identification process, the impact of stakeholder influence, the need for customized communications, and success strategies for managing multiple stakeholders. The session will wrap up with a discussion on stakeholder best practices.
1. Recognize the benefits of actively engaging stakeholders
2. Examine strategies for managing both negative and positive influencers
3. Identify stakeholder management best practices
Presented by Julia Holmes
Your event is facing some stiff competition! In a noisy world full of competing demands, your delegates are making tough choices about their time and attendance even after they’ve registered. What are you doing to get them excited, connected and showing up? What’s more, when (if) they show up at your clearly awesome event, how are you articulating and stretching the impact so they’ll come back again and bring others with them?
This is the perfect time to up your event game by developing your 4 Before and 4 Beyond Event Strategy. In this interactive program, we’ll be using proven innovation strategies to create your personalized plan to increase excitement and engagement 4 weeks before your event and to extend the impact and value 4 weeks after.
• Expand the impact of your event by developing a pre and post event strategy during the session
• Increase attendance and enthusiasm for your upcoming events without having to increase your budget
• Build engagement (and raving fans) after your event by understanding what matters most to your attendees
• Keep Innovating your events and processes on demand when you master how to Spark the Ideas
Presented by Michael Owen
In today's connected world, it's hard to imagine a time when access to the internet wasn't within the palm of our hands. From registration through onsite interactivity, we're all connected to the cloud.
Creating a cyber‐safe environment is crucial, not only because of attendee expectations, but because every device is an entry point for potential harm to planners, delegates and their events.
Official Travel PArtner
© 2018 Connect. All Rights Reserved.